Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Expectations... not met

Sorry all.  I know I wanted to post a picture a day and frankly... I find as a new mother I don't have the time. What a big surprise.  I am down grading to once a week. 
Jude got his first round of shots Monday, March 15th.  We have been dealing with issues ever since.  Jude had really bad diarrhea the first day. He ended up getting a blow out diaper at 10:40pm Monday.  We are used to him having at least 4-6 poopie diapers a day.  He did not have another poopie diaper  until that Thursday.  I was not there for the diaper so I don't know the consistancy of the poop.  He has not had another poopie diaper since then and today is Wednesday.  Supposibly breast fed babies will sometimes do this but I don't see how the shots and the non poopie can not be connected.  My little guy was super regular until the 15th.  He isn't in any pain and is still farting up a storm but I am still worried.  He has also been more fussy in general.

His next appointment is coming up May 21st..  I think I will talk to the pediatrician about doing an alternative vaccination schedule.  I think getting 6 vaccinations at once for a 2 month old is too much.  I think I will see if we can do one at a time and stretch it out. 
This is little Jude at 6 weeks.  He just had a bath so his hair is crazy.

Here he is at 9 weeks.  He definitely needs a bath.

1 comment: