Friday, January 22, 2010

Jude's official due date




Originally the midwife put Jude's due date at January 12th. After the first ultrasound it got moved to the 22nd. I think perhaps we had it right the first time.
There really isn't much to report on the home front. Each day is full of cuddling, feeding, changing, cuddling. I could hold my little guy all day.
Some good news, my edema is way down. In fact according to my scale I have lost about 30 lbs since the 11th. I feel like I am on the biggest loser. I still have a little swelling in my right leg but my cankles are gone. I can't wait until I can get back into the gym or even fit into my old jeans. I have been trying to walk each day with Jude and Nick. (today being an exception, we napped all day instead while Nick went to the gym and ran errands)
I called the ladies today that are in charge of the Milk donation program. I had to do an informal interview over the phone (have you had any tattoos in the last x months, has your partner been exposed to HIV etc.) and next week I will have to do some sort of blood work. I can't wait to get started. I am a milking machine and a lot of my milk is going to waste. If Jude was able to eat everything I was producing he would be 20 lbs by next week.

Here is my lovely milking station with one of my pumps attached. Every 3 hours.... fun and games.

No comments:

Post a Comment